stoP And Inch North

Sunday, September 17, 2006

When logic and proportion, have fallen softly dead



I like that song, as a general rule. They used it in the credits at the end of the "The Game." That was a good movie.

It's funny; I was doing a google search for that movie and I came across something rather interesting.

Did you know that they're making the book "Ender's Game" into a movie? Man oh man, I hope that they make "Ender's Shadow" into a movie as well. I always liked that book more than Ender's Game. And if they don't make Ender's Shadow into a movie, I hope that they at least show Bean a fair amount.

I mean, if you read the summaries (written by three different people), one person did mention the mixing of the two stories, but the other two didn't even touch on it.

I've always felt like a Bean of the world; especially on Backwash. I mean, I think the only reason that I have a popular column on there is because of two main points:

  • I update at least twice a month (if not more)

  • and

  • I provide lots of links that interest me


  • You know, I was the number 1 columnist on BW for almost a month straight? Well I take part of that back. Most of that particular month, I swapped out, back and forth, the top spot with another columnist- Zenball Wizard/Bill. But if anyone else were to be making so much as an effort to write, then I would have been booted out of the top slot so fast it would have made your mouse spin.

    I'm just too calculating. I think too much about how to make myself a popular writer. And it's not that being popular is so important to me; but let's face it, most of us want to be read.

    What I'm trying [badly] to say is that the writing that some do and do so well, is almost natural for them (or so it seems, what do I know); but in turn, I don't have it. I might be a semi-popular writer some day (I can hope); and I can be a semi-professional, esteemed, accomplished horn player some day (still hoping); but I'll never rise to greatness. I just don't have it in me.

    I can handle that. I can handle being #2 or #3 for the rest of my life. I don't mind. I have fun either way. But I'll never take the top slot unless people just don't try.

    And then what kind of fun is that?

    BTW -

  • I created another blog for my current 1337 obsession. It's called $+0|* /-\|\||) !|\|(|-| |\|0|2+|-|. It's all in 31337 $|*33|<.


  • 2 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home