stoP And Inch North

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Disjointed Musings



I don't have a lot of time to talk tonight because I actually need to be getting to bed for once, so I'm going to try and make this a short post (hopefully).

Today, I found myself seeing the early roots of an obsession with 31337 (or known more clearly as "elite," for hacker or gamer speak). The wikipedia definition of it is actually quite clear and instructive.

I've always liked strange or unusual speech patterns. It's partially because I was obsessed with literati for awhile (the online scrabble-like yahoo game). As a result of playing it endlessly for months on end, I suddenly found myself looking at all letters and all words in an attempt to move the letters around into new or better words. Alas.

But 1337 5|*34|< (or "leet speak") is a wild ride in and of itself. It requires great skill if done properly.

However, I'll continue on that thought line again 1473|2.

Of course, this gets me thinking, yes? I am a synaesthete. I see numbers and letters in color--but not the same colors. I'll give you more thorough explanation of that later, as well. So here's the question: What kind of effect does Leet/1337 speak have on synaesthesia? As you may have already noticed (if you didn't already know), leet is composed in great part by numbers.

Therefore, I'll say it again. What kind of effect does Leet speak have on synaesthetes?

Hmmm. I'll get back to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home