stoP And Inch North

Monday, September 11, 2006

You Wanna Know What's Really Fucked Up?



Crossover stories, that's what. I don't care what two stories they're crossing over, it's all wrong to me.

And what's more is that a lot of it's really badly written.

I read a M*A*S*H/Star Trek: TNG story once. That was really weird. The whole time I'm reading it, I just kept thinking, "No! This isn't happening!" It really messed with my brain.

I just stumbled across an Oz/X-Files crossover slash fanfic a few minutes again. As soon as I saw the name "Alex Krycek," I thought to myself, "No fucking way." But unfortunately, it's true. Oh god it's true. It's a little more than special.

And then of course, how could we ever forget the all-time bad example of the Star Trek/X-Men book that I found in a used bookstore, one summer many years ago. After reading half of it, I could see why it was in the used bookstore. Bleah. It's called Planet X and it really sucks.

Actually, from what I can gather, it's a sequel from a comic book. I just hope that the comic book is better than the novel. However, I do find it interesting that most of reviews on amazon are in favor of this shit for brains book. I mean, I could have written the story better than that. 'Course, I'm planning on getting published at some point; I already have a book written, I just have to edit it (and publish it).

And of course, the same old problem is almost always involved in combining two different storylines. You have to figure out a way to make them come together in a semi-plausible way. Luckily for the Oz/X-Files crossover, the only thing crossing over was one character.

Although, I did see an SVU/Oz crossover that I didn't even bother looking at, because you'd have to be a genius to pull that sucker off and most slash writers that I see (no matter how good they may be) are not geniuses.

Anyway, I like slash--preferably good slash. I'm currently on a Oz binge, so we'll see where that leads me. Two new websites that I have yet to completely peruse are The Slash Slut's Link Page (whose site motto is "One guy is hot, but two are hotter), and Squidge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home