stoP And Inch North

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Pet Peeve



When it rains, it pours, eh? Well, you wouldn't know it from watching the local weather stations around here.

There are three main local news stations around here; News 13 (ABC), News 7 (CBS) and News 36 (NBC). And of course there's Fox 21, but we don't watch Fox anymore. Actually, there's only one reason that I ever watch the channel and that's for the Simpsons; and that's only infrequently.

Now, News 13 covers the mountains of North Carolina (Asheville especially); all of the western counties up to Boone and going east as far as Rutherford county. News 7, on the other hand, mainly covers the upstate of South Carolina. And News 36 covers mainly Charlotte and its surrounding counties.

So where am I? Smack dab in the middle of all three news stations, covered by none.

Here in beautiful Cleveland County, North Carolina, we get virtually no coverage from any of the three local news stations.

I swear, the apocalypse could be happening in Cleveland County and News 36 would be focusing on some light rain happening in Charlotte.

The problem is that I'm not really joking all that much. I've been in several really bad thunderstorms here before, only to turn on the tv and find them commenting on the drizzle happening in the next town over (Spartanburg/Asheville/Charlotte). I mean, it looks like the trees behind the house are about to topple over with the hurricane force winds and we might all drown before the next day, but to turn on the news, you would think that the night was dry and the weather was calm.

Or worse yet, to turn on the news and see the radar and the red all over our county popping with lightning bolts, and then have them focus on all the other counties, while ignoring the very real threat happening in my county . . . grrr.

It's almost as if they think someone else is covering my county. Well, I've gotten so pissed off, I've actually considered trying to call them and bless them out for it. But every time that I actually get fired up enough to do it, the lightning is popping and I'm afraid that I'll get electrocuted for being on the phone.

Sigh.

Someday, I really am going to do it. But until then, you all can look at my nephew. He was born 4 months early at 1 pound and 4 ounces. He's scheduled to be released this Thursday. :) Strangely enough, in this picture, he's doing something that I do periodically. He has my same tongue. Go figure.

Baby Woody

1 Comments:

  • http://tinyurl.com/m888h

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home